Tower Grove, a Victorian-era park designated as a National Historic Landmark..
The park contains colorful gazebos and an ornate bandstand surrounded by grand busts of composers, writers and explorers. The Palm House in Tower Grove Park was originally a plant conservatory that Henry Shaw built in 1878 to promote the tropical plants he was bringing in from Europe and developing for the park. Over the years it fell in disrepair and was used for storage.
The facility was restored to its original grandeur and reopened in 1998 as the Piper Palm House after a million-dollar renovation. Nearby is a reflection pond with a fountain designed to look like ruins. The park is bounded by the Missouri Botanical Garden on the north and Grand on the east. South of the park along Grand, Vietnamese, Thai and Chinese restaurants and groceries, as well as, Asian import stores and boutiques delight visitors to this diverse neighborhood.